Thursday, January 01, 2009

Memory 1

I was three years old. The room in the house was painted a pale blue. I woke up and my mother was not there. Instead, there were other ladies there who I vaguely knew but could not have named.

I had to go and stay with my Auntie Mave, and I remember having to share a bed with my cousin Linda. I thought she was 12 or 13 at the time, but in reality, she was probably younger. I can't picture her now. My only image of her is from after her wedding, obviously much later.

Anyway, we stayed a while, and my Auntie Mave taught me to play three card brag even though I was still shuffling around on my potty, and then I went home again after a week or so. My brother (Adrian) also returned from wherever they had taken him and my mum returned with a new brother (Craig).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home