Sunday, January 04, 2009

Arrrgh

I haven't gone to bed yet, so I can pretend it's still yesterday and come in under the wire.

The cat's still ill and worse but unconnected, I forgot my PIN number today. I tried it twice then stopped I don't want to lose my debit card. I'll go to the bank and get it changed tomorrow. When I've been to the vet.

One thing I did do today though, was cook! I made Lasz (a vegetarian dish similar to Goulash) but served it with conchiglie instead of rice. Best of all, I did it without following a recipe (although I did use a recipe as a basis for a shopping list).

Here's the recipe:

Slice a big onion and fry it in sunflower oil for five minutes. Add three half peppers chopped up (I used one each of red, green and yellow). Add 250g of fresh mushrooms peeled and sliced. Add a big spud, diced and two cloves of garlic, crushed. cook it for another five minutes.

Then put a tin of chickpeas and a tin of peeled tomatoes in another pot with a little chilli and a lot of paprika. Add the contents of the frying pan and simmer for forty minutes.

Cook the conchiglie separately (takes about ten minutes) and when it's al dente, add it to the pot. Stir for a couple of minutes and then serve. It serves three. My family liked it, even when I told them it was student food.

1 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

Not wishing to intrude but you've missed a few days already! or are they in draft and soon to appear all at once! ;-)

I hope you don't mind me popping in with comments. I ahven't visited since november and so have missed your new 'writing practise'. Perhaps you could rig something to enable writing whilst long-distance walking...a dictaphone that then writes out what you've said...all available!

Wednesday, 07 January, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home